Lets Define it!
A Content Management System (CMS) is a computer program that allows publishing, editing and modifying content on a web site as well as maintenance from a central interface. Such systems of content management provide procedures to manage workflow in a collaborative environment. These procedures can be manual steps or an automated cascade.
The first Content Management system (CMS) was announced at the end of 1990s. This CMS was designed to simplify the complex task writing numerous versions of code and to make the website development process more flexible. CMS platforms allow users to centralize data editing, publishing and modification on a single back-end interface.
What do we offer?
We have our own custom CMS software which was used to create Curves for Women Online Diet Software, an International website being used by thousands of users on a daily basis.
At the same time we work with almost every Open Source CMS around (Joomla!, Drupal, Wordpress) but truth bring said we are in love with Joomla! CMS for many years now. Contact us here for a custom Wordpress / Joomla / Drupal plugin / component or template.
90% of the websites we develop are build on a CMS and we train our clients to be able to update & add new content.
Why build your website using a CMS?
- CMS gives you the flexibility to update your website with content (text, images, videos, products etc) any time you wish, on your own without depending on anyone. For us this is the main reason for developing almost all our client's website using a CMS. Static sites are difficult or impossible to update on your own.
- Search function
- users cant search your site to find the content they are looking for.
- Advanced features
- are made available through a CMS- user login, forums, mailing lists, and calendar features require custom code and are expensive to implement.
- Web Standards
- Your site's content in a CMS, will be displaying using current web standards. This increases accessibility and makes your content more "future proof".
- A CMS makes the web more usable. It lowers the barriers to entry and makes it much easier to launch a site, keep it updated and get more out of it.
- Work from anywhere
- CMS software is online and offers multiple users, which means you’re not the only one who can fix something in a pinch and you can access it from anywhere. Which means if you’ve got Internet access in Tahiti, you could work from there. That also means your important site is backed up on a secure server with multiple redundancies, not some high school kid’s laptop.
- Easy to handle
- If you’ve got any computer savvy, most CMS software is easy to use. If you can send an e-mail, use Microsoft Word or set up a Facebook account, then you can use a CMS. And in most cases normal use doesn’t run the risk of mucking up the design. It’s web site creation for non-techies.
- Better Search Engine results
- Most CMS software also makes it easier to optimize your search engine results. That means your site is more likely to land on the first page of Google results, which means people are more likely to find you.
Antici! Website CMS Development Methodology
Over the years and having developed more than 500 websites based on a CMS we have a methodology in place, of having the project onlineon time and keep the client satified:
- Starting point
- Production of a CMS website is a process that starts with the analysis of the company profile of the customer, the logo, what needs to be done and the profile of the future visitors of the website we are about to develop.
- We draft the specifications (what needs to be done and when) & we proceed with finding the perfect domain name and we assign to it a suitable hosting package after discussion with the client.
- Design drafting
- At the same time the chief web designer drafts the web design and we show to the client, analyzing where each element will go on the website. This is discussed and agreed upon in a meeting. Once this is done the web designer starts designing the website with graphics, based on the draft and the corporate identity of the client. Once design is ready we present it to the client and do final tunnings on it until everybody is happy.
- At this point the project manager explains in detail the agreed function and design specifications to the web developers, who prepare the beta demo of the website for client to review. Client reviews the website together with the project manager and we fix bugs & revisions needed, until client is completely happy with the final deliverable.
- Go live
- Website goes live at this stage on its own domain. Presentation is done at client's office by our project co-ordinator.
- Note that at all times the client views the demo of the website, through a link in the Antici! demo server, until it goes live.
- Once the website is live in its domain name, it's time to start promoting it. Below you can read about ways this can be done.
We provide all our clients a perfect combination of quality and affordability through a package without hidden costs. Our client knows from the beginning what he is getting and when, how much he is paying and when.